A studio course focused on foundational skills for animating and rigging full digital 3D characters. Students explore the process/techniques of rigging for motion capture characters and adjusting their performance with consideration for thought, and animation with an emphasis on realistic VFX driven character performance.
- Identify the 12 animation principles, defined by the 9 original Disney animators
- Strengthen approach to story line through character poses, responses and emotion
- Improve animation approaches to get the best performance out of characters
- Explore driving emotions and thought processes
- Examine how motion capture principles inform character animation techniques
- Employ motion capture skills with a focus on realism
- Capture and edit motion capture data and apply it to characters effectively
- Apply issues of timing, velocity, weight and mass
- Create compelling animation of digital characters with a focus on realism and VFX
- Develop expressive facial animation rigging techniques
- Develop processes of skinning and painting weights
- Gain confidence in animating characters
- Appreciate and accept the art of repetition and refinement in honing your craft as an animator
- Acquire a clear perception of professional interests as a technical director.